Prospection is a pioneer in healthcare data analytics. Using predictive analytics and machine learning with real-world healthcare data to unearth insights that help research, develop and target better healthcare outcomes for patients.
We analyse large health care data sets (script claims, EMR, Registry, Insurance, Supply Chain, CRM) to provide real world evidence insights, improve medication utilisation and health outcomes.
Founded out of Sydney’s Cicada Innovations in 2012, Prospection works with government, pharmaceutical companies and the medical community across more than 70 therapy programs, including immuno-oncology, HIV and hepatitis, in Australia, UK, USA and Asia Pacific. Prospection is backed by Ellerston JAADE, Main Sequence Ventures, and Horizons Ventures.
About the Opportunity
The Biostatistician is responsible for the design, implementation, conduct and reporting of medical research projects and for the provision of statistical expertise to support evidence generation and authorship of manuscripts/publications undertaken by Prospection. This includes clinical trials, meta-analyses, observational studies and assisting in / contributing to data processing and analysis for research and publications, work to improve skill base in research productivity and methodology.
You will have the opportunity to design solutions, help implement them, collaborate with other team members across disciplines and present results to clients, through:
- On-time and accurate delivery of client (internal and external) requests leading to client satisfaction.
- Ability to communicate both simple and complex solutions to business problems.
- Displaying Innovative thinking/proactivity to increase efficiencies in processes, improve skillsets or revenue.
- Asking the right questions and use the combined knowledge and skills of the team to complete tasks.
The position is expected to work with a significant and independent contribution to research projects, in particular randomised trials, as a biostatistician, including:
- Development of research protocols with particular emphasis on study design and statistics
- Preparation and implementation of statistical analysis plans
- Contributing to manuscripts for publication
- Development of grant proposals
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A postgraduate qualification in biostatistics or closely related discipline.
- At least two years’ experience in collaborative research involving the application of statistical methods in health research, with evidence of involvement in significant research publication.
- Excellent statistical computing skills. Familiarity with at least one of SAS, Python or R.
- A proven track record in delivering quality, on-time analytic outputs in project context, whether in a commercial or academic environment.
- Strong capability in problem-solving, the ability to deconstruct a complex business issue or challenge into discrete issues that can be tackled individually.
- Ability to extract insights from data and communicate commercial or clinically relevant implications in a compelling way.
- Well-developed written communication skills including presentations, chairing meetings, workshop facilitation, business and report writing.
- Excellent verbal presentation and communication skills, demonstrating an ability to communicate complex technical insights in simple language.
- Identify opportunities expand on the existing scope of work and new leads, engaging the additional team members necessary for delivery.
Preferred experience and expertise:
- PhD in biostatistics or related field
- Experience in the Healthcare/Pharmaceutical Industry
- Flexible and remote working options - Based in Sydney, we are hiring wherever you are! Our team is fully supported and successfully working remotely and from home, delivering on projects around Australia
- Stimulating and diverse problems to solve - Improving healthcare outcomes through data-driven insights and RWE
- Great team culture - Supportive, fun and food-loving and creative
- Lots to learn - Strong knowledge sharing team culture, Hackathons and industry experts in Data Science, Product and Engineering
- Rapidly scaling! - Grow your career as we grow, here in Australia and overseas!
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your most up to date resume
Note: Our team is fully supported and successfully working and delivering on projects around Australia. The health and wellbeing of our employees and clients is important to us, we have implemented and continue to practice COVID safe policies, informed by the health advice obtained from NSW Health and Federal Government Health Agencies.
We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land on which we work and learn, and pay respect to the First Nations Peoples and their elders, past, present and future.