Prospection is a pioneer in health data analytics technology. Combining advanced AI/ML algorithms and real-world data to unearth health journey insights. We provide actionable real-world evidence that enables better outcomes for patients, across Japan, Asia-Pacific, UK, and USA.
Founded out of Sydney’s Cicada Innovations in 2012, Prospection is guided by credentialled experts and innovative leaders within their respective fields. We analyse large health care data sets (script claims, EMR, Registry, Insurance, Commercial Supply Chain), to better understand the healthcare journey. Working with government, researchers and the health and pharmaceutical industry we have delivered evidence across more than 90 therapy programs, including rare and complex diseases such as oncology, immuno-oncology, virology, metabolic conditions, respiratory and cardiovascular disease. Prospection is backed by Ellerston JAADE, Main Sequence Ventures, and Horizons Ventures.
About the Opportunity
This Analytics Consultant position is integral in analysing and interpreting large datasets to help solve both simple and complex client problems. This includes gathering information, formulating and testing hypotheses sometimes by building and testing analytical models as well as developing and communicating recommendations to key stakeholders.
You will have the opportunity to design solutions, help implement them, collaborate with other team members across disciplines and present results to clients, through:
- On-time and accurate delivery of client (internal and external) requests leading to client satisfaction.
- Ability to communicate both simple and complex solutions to business problems
- Displaying Innovative thinking/proactivity to increase efficiencies in processes, improve skillsets or revenue.
- Asking the right questions and use the combined knowledge and skills of the team to complete tasks.
To be successful in this role you will have;
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Business, Computer Science, Engineering or Health Science related field, combined with an understanding of data science and/or statistical analyses techniques gained through commercial experience/tertiary education.
- A proven track record in delivering quality, on-time analytic outputs in project context, whether in a commercial or academic environment.
- Strong capability in problem-solving, the ability to deconstruct a complex business issue or challenge into discrete issues that can be tackled individually.
- Ability to extract insights from data and communicate commercial or clinically relevant implications in a compelling way.
- Well-developed written communication skills including presentations, chairing meetings, workshop facilitation, business and report writing.
- Fluent in English, excellent verbal presentation and communication skills, demonstrating an ability to communicate complex technical insights in simple language.
- Identify opportunities to expand on the existing scope of work and new leads, engaging the additional team members necessary for delivery
- Working knowledge of technical languages such as SAS, SQL, Python, R
Preferred qualifications, experience and expertise
- Experience using software tools: PowerBI
- Experience in the Healthcare/Pharmaceutical Industry
- Flexible and remote working options - Based in Japan, we are hiring wherever you are! Our team is fully supported and successfully working remotely and from home, delivering on projects around the country
- Stimulating and diverse problems to solve - Improving healthcare outcomes through data-driven insights and RWE
- Great team culture - Supportive, fun and food-loving and creative
- Lots to learn - Strong knowledge sharing team culture, Hackathons and industry experts in Data Science, Product and Engineering
- Rapidly scaling! - Grow your career as we grow, here in Japan and overseas!
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your most up-to-date resume.