Prospection is a pioneer in healthcare data analytics, using predictive analytics and machine learning with real-world healthcare data to unearth insights that help research, develop and target better healthcare outcomes for patients. We analyse large health data sets (script claims, EMR, Registry, Insurance, Supply Chain, CRM) to provide real world evidence, unique insights and actionable tactics that inform commercial, research and policy decisions for our clients.
Founded out of Sydney’s Cicada Innovations in 2012, Prospection works with government, pharmaceutical companies and the medical community across more than 70 therapy programs, including immuno-oncology, HIV and hepatitis, in Australia, UK, USA and Asia Pacific. Prospection is backed by Ellerston JAADE, Main Sequence Ventures, and Horizons Ventures.
Prospection is at an exciting ‘scale-up’ stage significantly expanding our workforce and scaling both our product platforms and analytics services in key international markets. Reporting directly to the COO, this critical role will lead and grow a talented team of ~20 analytics consultants working cross functionally to deliver a range of complex analytical projects that uncover strategic and tactical insights for our clients.
This role has a strong emphasis on ‘creative solutioning’, project execution and building for scale. You will use your deep analytical expertise, problem solving and client engagement skills partnering with our Sales leaders and clients to define & solve real world healthcare problems through data & analytics. You will then support and direct work across multiple small teams to plan, scope and deliver a portfolio of consulting assignments within clear timelines. Finally you will build new approaches and methods to adapt and scale our services and partner directly with our Product teams to continually innovate and embed analytics solutions within our core Platforms.
You will be an experienced leader who enjoys developing people and rallying cross functional teams towards clear outcomes. You will see the impact of your work through increasing services revenue, growing customer subscriptions, faster product innovation, more empowered teams and most importantly - better health outcomes for patients.
Provide strong team leadership and cross-functional collaboration
- Set the vision, direction and culture of the Analytics Solutions & Consulting team.
- Coach, develop and lead a growing team of ~20 analytics consultants to effectively deliver a range of complex analytical solutions & projects to internal and external clients globally.
- Ensure the analytics team has strong tools, methodologies, processes, competency structures and development plans to scale their work and compete in new markets (eg US)
- Drive alignment and collaboration with cross functional leaders at all levels to maximize opportunities, prioritise demands and load balance / sequence work in line with company objectives.
Lead creative solutioning & analytics consulting for clients
- Engage with Sales teams and Customers to deeply understand their challenges and develop a range of repeatable analytics offerings that compliment our tech Products (eg patient cohort analysis, publication support, predictive models of treatment pathways etc).
- Support Prospection and client teams in a ‘pre-sales’ environment to define business problems, lead analytical solutioning and develop clearly scoped consulting projects with clear deliverables and accurate assessment of effort.
- Develop detailed knowledge of Prospection’s data, capabilities and constraints and explore creative ways to reframe / solve customer problems using our existing data and strengths.
Deliver analytics projects & outcomes internally & externally
- Oversee the timely execution of a portfolio of analytics consulting projects driving internally and externally to deliver outcomes including project revenue and subscriptions.
- Empower teams to collaborate with Sales to leverage past analytical outputs across the existing customer base and to acquire new customers in a low cost / repeatable way.
- Coach teams to effectively ‘tell the story’ behind the analytics in a way that resonates with both commercially minded executives and deep analytical experts in client organizations .
- Support evaluation, analysis and processing of data on and off platform to enable key projects, test emerging use cases or enable entry into new priority markets (eg US, UK, JP).
Enable our Products & Services to scale
- Develop detailed understanding of key customer and industry use cases and partner with Product and Sales to prioritize features and continually improve our Data and Platforms.
- Support the team to work alongside product squads providing practical advice on how to productise analytics solutions within our product vision and roadmap.
- Provide thought leadership and expertise within cross functional teams to ensure our data, products and services evolve and remain competitive in markets where we operate.
- 10+ years in a commercial analytics leadership position managing, manipulating and drawing insights from data and leading teams across data, analytics or data science roles
- Tertiary qualifications in a quantitative discipline (eg Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Health Economics, Computer Science, Actuarial studies etc)
- Hands on experience in use of analytical languages and tools (eg SQL, Python, R etc)
- Excellent people leadership skills with success building and inspiring teams of 20+ people
- Proven consulting experience gained in a professional services or commercial environment
- Outstanding executive presence and communication skills with both technical and non-technical leaders at all levels
- Experience planning, scoping and delivering multiple consulting projects within timelines
- Strong prioritization and decision making skills with bias towards execution and impact
- Strong tenacity, perseverance and ‘can do’ approach to business
- Experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical industries
- Prior experience in rapidly changing, high growth environment
- Flexible and remote working options - Based in Sydney, we are hiring wherever you are! Our team is fully supported and successfully working remotely and from home, delivering on projects around Australia
- Stimulating and diverse problems to solve - Improving healthcare outcomes through data driven insights and real world evidence
- Great team culture - Supportive, fun and food-loving and creative
- Lots to learn - Strong knowledge sharing team culture, Hackathons and industry experts in Data Science, Product and Engineering
- Rapidly scaling! - Grow your career as we grow, here in Australia and overseas!
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your most up to date resume.
We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land on which we work and learn, and pay respect to the First Nations Peoples and their elders, past, present and future.