Prospection is a pioneer in healthcare data analytics. Using predictive analytics and machine learning with real-world healthcare data to unearth insights that help research, develop and target better healthcare outcomes for patients.
We analyse large health care data sets (script claims, EMR, Registry, Insurance, Supply Chain, CRM) to provide real world evidence insights, improve medication utilisation and health outcomes.
Founded out of Sydney’s Cicada Innovations in 2012, Prospection works with government, pharmaceutical companies and the medical community across more than 70 therapy programs, including Immune-oncology, HIV and hepatitis, in Australia, UK, USA and Asia Pacific. Prospection is backed by Ellerston JAADE, Main Sequence Ventures, and Horizons Ventures.
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of expert engineers. The person will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for the various products and regions. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
The Data Engineer will support our software developers, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Responsibilities for Data Engineer
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Work with stakeholders including the Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple AWS regions.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases, and big data tools (Spark, EMR, Glue).
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets, in addition to performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases (Postgres, Clickhouse, Elasticsearch)
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools.
- AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Glue
- Flexible and remote working options - Based in Sydney, we are hiring wherever you are! Our team is fully supported and successfully working remotely and from home, delivering on projects around Australia
- Stimulating and diverse problems to solve - Improving healthcare outcomes through data driven insights and real world evidence
- Great team culture - Supportive, fun and food-loving and creative
- Lots to learn - Strong knowledge sharing team culture, Hackathons and industry experts in Data Science, Product and Engineering
- Rapidly scaling! - Grow your career as we grow, here in Australia and overseas!
As a team player, you enjoy learning new skills from your colleagues and sharing your knowledge with others. You should have a strong work ethic, whilst making time to have fun at the end of the day.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your most up to date resume
We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land on which we work and learn, and pay respect to the First Nations Peoples and their elders, past, present and future.